Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
TB12N-WR Offline Hosted Sensor and Trouble connecting to WIFI
YOUR DEVICE IS SHOWING OFFLINE STATUS. COULD YOU PLEASE LOCATE YOUR SENSOR AND USB CABLE AND CALL SENSOURCE TECH SUPPORT AT 800-239-1226 EXT. 300. OR IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE CONNECTING TO WIFI PLEASE FOLLOW THIS TROUBLE SHOOTING GUIDE
1. Check batteries by tapping the service button. NOTE: The LCD display falls asleep on it's own to preserve battery-life, tapping the service button briefly wakes up the display. The LCD display should read S or F and display a number. Remember the number displayed, then walk-test the unit by breaking the beam multiple times. Tap the service button again. The number on the display should have increased by the amount of beam breaks you have created. Note: Most sensors take 3.6V lithium AA battery, verify proper battery voltage by checking the battery compartment of your sensor.
2. Verify your wireless router is plugged in and powered on. Verify your router is within 100' (line of sight) of the sensor.
3. Verify you can connect to your WLAN by using a smart phone, tablet, laptop, or other wireless device.
4. Reset your wireless router by unplugging the power cord from the wall and waiting thirty seconds, and then plug the power cord back into the wall.
5. Firewall- Port 6767 UDP must be open for in and out traffic across your network from the sensor to the server.
Have your network settings have recently changed? If yes, they may be influencing this device. Make appropriate corrections.
6. Plug the sensor with the LCD display into the PC with the Sensor Utility software (WiFi IR Beam Setup Tool) via USB cord, be sure the sensor utility says "found counter" on the bottom of the screen and then click "retrieve" the unit should read "sensor parameters retrieved".
If you receive this error.
Then select Options>Radio Type>Wifi802.1b/g
When the appropriate radio type is selected you can retrieve your sensor settings.
SETUP TAB > NETWORK TAB
SETUP TAB > SENSOR TAB
7. If none of the trouble shooting steps above have worked then call SenSource technical support at 1-800-239-1226 ext. 300